Applied mathematics, data science, machine learning. Always looking for new puzzles.
I just finished my PhD at the Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences at UC Irvine. My research focuses on two domains, mathematical models in evolutionary game theory and statistical work in the social sciences. Please find my CV or my resume.
Here you will find my writings on
- Mathematical (esp. evolutionary, dynamical) models
- Statistics and machine learning
- Game theory
- And assorted other topics
Check out my latest essay: Generalized additive models and backfitting
Informal writings exploring statistical topics.
- Understanding Gaussian process regression
- Building an OLS classifier from scratch
- Animated decision tree regression
- Bootstrapped error bands for function estimation
- Generalized additive models and backfitting
- The Ecology of Religious Groups (prepared for publication) -- Characterizes the distribution of religious denominations, presents some geospatial statistics.
- Chaos in a two-population rock-paper-scissors game (prepared for publication) -- Presents a minimal EGT model with chaotic solutions,